12.9.09

Looking for a Decent Camera


I'll have to travel through time for this one. The camera I want is almost in my budget, I just have to wait until about 2014 when others have blown its features out of the water. Unfortunately, I don't have any non-traditional method for time travel, so I'll just have to wait it out at the standard rate of one year per year.

I know what I want. I want the full set of SLR features, including interchangeable lenses, and I want 1080p video. A great added bonus would be over-cranking at lower resolution, but that'd be just for thrills. The problem is, any camera that supports it seems like it's priced at about twice what I'm willing to pay for the thing. I've no specific budget, I'm just looking for value. I'm also quite sure that this will keep me happy for a while, even when newer, better things come out. Sometimes I just want the latest, but in this case I think I really know what I need.

I suppose I have 2 options: suck it up and shell out for a new camera now, or wait for some time to tick on by for what I want to drop in price a little. There are some alternatives (buy something reasonable now with the plan to sell and upgrade) but those aren't really appealing to me in this case.

I'd take suggestions here. I really just want a good quality camera that will last me a long time, and I want it at a value price. Are my expectations too high? I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. By the time 2014 rolls around, and you can afford the camera you are lusting over, you won't buy it. You will be waiting for interchangeable sensors and 2160p video. Any camera that supports it will be priced at about twice what you're willing to pay for the thing, so you will need to wait until 2018.

    And by the time 2018 rolls around...

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind